- BIRD'S THE WORD: Nutty Bird sandwich at Izzy's
We dropped by a while back (and yes, I’m terrible for just getting around to talking about it). Took the girl child with us for lunch on a very hungry afternoon. Truthfully, we’d set out to head over to a certain BBQ joint but saw the Izzy’s sign and decided it was worth a try right then and there.
- TEA TIME: One of Izzy's fabulous tea options
- ONE LARGE TAMALE: Comes with great chili and crackers
- SALMON SALAD: Nicoise with a big hunk of fish
- CAN'T RESIST: Ice cream has its own gravity field
When we did get to it, we found it to be the decadent affair it purported to be. The brownie was nicely warmed to the point of melting the ice cream easily without being too hot to consume. Enough salt had been added to the brownie batter to bring out the sugary sweetness. If there was anything I could find wrong with the dessert, it’d be that the darn thing is so big that even between the three of us we couldn’t finish it without injury. It’s pretty darn good.